“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” ~Thomas Edison
These healthy zucchini brownies are not only delicious but are packed with nutrients and are gluten free, paleo, packed with superfoods, anti-inflammatory, deliciously fudgy, and the perfect way to bake with zucchini.
Feeling like decadent chocolate brownies without the guilt and stomach-ache after? Try these!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 brownies
1. 1 cup paleo (grain-free) baking flour - I used https://www.bobsredmill.com/paleo-baking-flour.html (can also use any alternative gluten-free flour (almond, coconut, oat)
2. 1/2 cup cocoa powder
3. 1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
4. 1 tsp vanilla extract
5. 2 eggs
6. 3/4 cup coconut sugar
7. 2 cups grated zucchini
8. 1/4 tsp sea salt
9. 1 tsp baking soda
10. 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce (can substitute for 1 mashed banana or 1/4 cup coconut yogurt)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degreesF
2. In a big bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, salt and baking soda)
3. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, apple sauce)
4. Slowly add wet bowl ingredients into dry bowl and mix (without over-mixing), add zucchini and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips after
5. Scoop mixture with a scapula or big spoon into a lightly greased (coconut oil good) 8 x 8 pan, and add remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top
6. Bake on 350degreesF for 35 minutes
7. Cool for 20 minutes, chop into brownies and enjoy! Keep in fridge for storage.
Enjoy these guilt-free, delicious brownies :)
Dr. Lara is a Naturopathic Doctor who is passionate about helping and empowering her patients in their journey towards lifelong health and wellness!