“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” ~Thomas Edison
These energy balls are a great healthy snack for the go, and take less than 10 minutes to prepare. They offer a satiating combination of fiber, protein, healthy fat and complex carbohydrates and are easy on the budget too!
In addition to being delicious and convenient, they are also great for gut health, especially constipation, with the added benefits of the chia seeds and prunes. Kids love them too!
*makes around 8-10 energy balls
1 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup prunes
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup almond milk
3 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp organic peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Blend dates and prunes with 1/3 cup almond milk
2. Add rest of ingredients and blend until soft
3. Roll mixture into 8- 10 balls and coat with coconut flakes
4. Store in container in the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes until they harden
5. Enjoy :) The rest can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
Dr. Lara is a Naturopathic Doctor who is passionate about helping and empowering her patients in their journey towards lifelong health and wellness!